top of page

Global health insurance card

UK residents can apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) to access emergency medical care in the EU when their current EHIC card runs out.

Under a new agreement with the EU, both cards will offer equivalent healthcare protection when people are on holiday, studying or travelling for business.

This includes emergency treatment as well as treatment needed for a pre-existing condition.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page